Migrate OneDrive Business to Google Drive
In today’s age, businesses are switching to the cloud for obvious reasons. As more and more businesses rely on cloud storage, they are also looking for ways to transfer files from one cloud account to another. Transferring files from OneDrive Business to Google Drive may seem like a daunting task at first glance. However, with the right tools, it's easier than ever to transfer your files. Let’s learn how.
Why Is Manual File Transfer A Bad Idea?
Manually moving files from one cloud account to another can be troublesome and time consuming. You will need to download all files from your OneDrive Business account and upload them to Google Drive.
You can face some of the following challenges while manually transferring your files:
- You can easily lose track of your files. It's easy to forget which files have been moved and which ones are still remaining.
- The speed of manual file transfer depends on your Internet connection. If you have a slow or unstable Internet, it can take forever to download and upload a lot of large files together. If your download gets interrupted for too many times, it may not be possible to resume it.
- There is also a risk of incorrect file placement. For example: You may upload files to wrong folders.
Why Choose Easy Cloud Manager Over Manual File Transfer?
The better way is to use an online service such as Easy Cloud Manager for cloud-to-cloud transfers.
ECM comes with many benefits. It’s easy, quick and cloud-based. It offers many security features to protect your privacy and data.
- Easy Cloud Manager allows you to manage multiple cloud accounts in one central location.
- You can securely login to your cloud accounts without sharing your confidential information (such as passwords). ECM uses the official API method to manage your files on your behalf.
- Supports many popular cloud services including OneDrive, OneDrive Business, Google Drive, Google Workspace, Dropbox, Box, Amazon S3, etc.
- Easily explore the contents of multiple cloud accounts from a single place
- Easily transfer files among different cloud services at lightning speed
- Schedule file transfers to run at specific date-time interval
- Cloud-to-cloud file transfer is not only fast but also bandwidth-friendly. You don’t need to keep your browser open. Even if you have a slow or unstable Internet, the file transfer will not be impacted.
- You can use ECM from any device or browser. You don’t need to download any application. You can run ECM irrespective of whether you use Windows, Mac or Linux.
- If you have duplicate files on your cloud accounts, ECM can help you identify and remove them.
- Do you have a bunch of files that need to be renamed? ECM has a bulk renaming feature to automatically rename them.
How to Transfer Files Using the Easy Cloud Manager?
Now, let’s get back to the steps to use ECM.
Step 1: Register on ECM Website
Firstly, you will need to register yourself on the Easy Cloud Manager website. It’s easy. You can either register using your email address, or using a Google account.
Step 2: Add Your Drives
- Click on the Home tab.
- In the Add Cloud Drives section, click on the OneDrive Business icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your account.
- Similarly, click on the Google Drive icon and add your account.
Step 3: Specify Source & Target
- Click on the Operations tab.
- Click on Data Transfer.
- Click on Select Source.
- In the Load Drive, select the folders that you want to transfer.
- Click on Select Target, and choose a destination folder.
Step 4: Start File Transfer
Do you want to immediately transfer your files? If so, click on the Transfer Now button and follow up the instructions on your screen.
If you wish to transfer files at a later time, click on the Schedule Task button, and choose your desired date-time period.